Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Least favorite Fountains of Wayne song
JustTheGirl
Karpet King

[*] posted on 2006-5-28 at 04:43 PM
Least favorite Fountains of Wayne song

I can't stand "Hung Up On You." "Joe Rey" gets annoying. And after "Stacey's Mom" was overplayed... it just wasn't the same.
sooperfantastic
All Kinds of Time

[*] posted on 2006-5-29 at 02:41 PM

I'd probably say Stacy's Mom because whenever I listen to it I have terrible flashbacks. :rotfl:

Umm...at first I hate Halley's Waitress but I know I kinda like it....the same with Hat and Feet. There are very few Fountains of Wayne songs that I don't like.

PleaseWithC
Minister of Putting things on Top of Other Things

Mood: Wiiing it Up

[*] posted on 2006-5-29 at 03:56 PM

The "wocka-chicka" sound in Halley's Waitress saves it for me. I would also go with Stacy's Mom. Overexposed and overrated. I still stand by Laser Show as the worst song.

sooperfantastic
All Kinds of Time

[*] posted on 2006-5-29 at 04:16 PM

I'd hate Laser Show too, but it's the first song I ever heard from them. See, it's a horrible first song to hear because I thought they were crap at first. I think you're supposed to love the first song you heard of your favorite band. It's a law in some states.

JustTheGirl
Karpet King

[*] posted on 2006-5-29 at 06:37 PM

I really don't like "Laser Show" or "Hat and Feet" either. There are plenty of songs on Out-Of-State Plates that I don't listen to enough to like either.
sherb
Sheriff

[*] posted on 2006-5-30 at 01:58 AM

I don't really have one.

Not a real fan of country, so Hung Up On You is in there. Laser Show also (doesn't seem to be real popular at all that one :( ). Of the b-sides, I guess Today's Teardrops would be one as well.

I don't really dislike any Fountains of Wayne songs, but those three are at the lower end of my "like" scale. :bigsmile:

I can't dislike Stacy's Mom, cause that was the song which got me interested in the band - so it has a strong emotional attachment. :thumbs:

I still play Fountains of Wayne a lot, so overplaying doesn't seem to turn me off any particular song either.

I don`t remember, I don`t recall
I got no memory of anything at all......
Stuporcollider
Head Bottle Washer

Mood: y Blues

[*] posted on 2006-5-30 at 06:24 PM
Least favorite song?

Sometimes I think some of the people here don't want others to like Fountains of Wayne. Case in point, Stacey's Mom. The one song that lots of people like(gasp! even people who don't know who Fountains of Wayne is!!!!). BUt many on here say its one of thier least favorites. If I hadn't heard it on a Dr. Pepper commercial, I'd still be in the dark.
sooperfantastic
All Kinds of Time

[*] posted on 2006-5-30 at 06:50 PM

Oh, I love when new people listen to Fountains of Wayne and get into them - what I don't like is people only knowing them for Stacy's Mom. I think that there was a good side to the song, it got a bunch of new fans that actually listened to their other songs, but going to high school and hearing people who listen to Britney Spears singing it in the halls when you've been a fan for years and honesty knowing that they don't even know the name of the band that sings it...that's excruciating. They don't derserve only being known for one song, especially when (in my opinion) it isn't even the best they've written.

I love Hung Up On You, it's just...different. ;) And there are a lot of songs on Out-of-State Plates I sometimes skip over (Today's Teardrops, I Want You Around, The Man in the Santa Suit) but they are b-sides. Most b-sides aren't good, but I must say Fountains of Wayne is pretty awesome at writing any kind of song, no matter where it's going to end up. Some are just more b-sidy than others!

JustTheGirl
Karpet King

[*] posted on 2006-5-30 at 07:00 PM

I totally agree with what you said about Stacey's Mom. When I talk about Fountains of Wayne everyone is always like "Who?!" And I mention they sang Stacey's Mom, but never without mentioning that it definitely isn't one of their best. I hate when people judge Fountains of Wayne based on that one song.
Stuporcollider
Head Bottle Washer

Mood: y Blues

[*] posted on 2006-5-31 at 05:11 PM
Any reason to listen

When I first heard Stacey's Mom, I said to myself, " self, you gotta find out who that iz" And when I did, I found the Fountains of Wayne website and listened to Mexican Wine and I said to myself, " self, you gotta get that album". And when I listened to the album and found songs I liked even better, I said to myself, well, anyway you get the idea.........Still love Staceys Mom though:bigsmile:
andymate
California Sex Lawyer

[*] posted on 2006-6-2 at 08:42 AM

The only song I ever skip is Laser Show! Not that keen on Nightlight either - it's kind of directionless. To the person that said they skip I Want You Around - I absolutely love that song! One of my faves, love the lo-fi production.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
funkymunky
California Sex Lawyer

Mood: got a license to lurve

[*] posted on 2006-6-5 at 10:07 AM

I have to admit I love Hung up on you, its one of my favourites
And I do love Stacy's mom, seeing as they never get played in the UK this was my one chance to hear about them

I don't like so much Halley's waitress/Curse at girls/Fire Island/Go hippie

they just sound too whiney sometimes
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top