Fountains of Wayne
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What happened to Tommy Hamer and Jay volpe?...
gunner
Just a Hat and Feet

[*] posted on 2005-8-31 at 09:57 AM
What happened to Tommy Hamer and Jay volpe?...

I thought they were working with Jody in setting up Astrojet a few years ago? What happened to them?

Thanks
Night for Days
Just a Hat and Feet

[*] posted on 2005-9-4 at 10:04 PM

I don't know either of these guys, but I used google to search on them. Nothing relevant on Jay Volpe, but searching for Tom Hamer yielded some info that says he's still very involved with music.

From http://wisconsinhumanities.org/wbf/2004/mainevent/presenters...

"Tom Hamer plays a mix of drum set and MIDI electronics, various 'found' objects, and little instruments. He has performed with various rock and new music groups including Vortex, Zonk, Dangerous Odds, Tap-It Dance and Theatrical Company, The Romulans, and Station Wagon. His other performance-related activities include sound design for theater (notably six seasons with the Madison Rep), live sound mixing, recording and CD mastering."
Quote:
Originally posted by gunner
I thought they were working with Jody in setting up Astrojet a few years ago? What happened to them?

Thanks
gunner
Just a Hat and Feet

[*] posted on 2005-9-6 at 06:16 AM
Thanks but not the one...

If you do a google search for "Jody Porter and "Hamer" you will see what I mean. Jody and Tommy were friends before he went off to England. Tommy played in Belltower when Britta and Jody came back and shortly before thier divorce and the breakup of the band. Jay is a friend of Tommy's and when Jody decided to start Astrojet, Tommy and Jay went with him up north to help him with it and that is the last I heard.
hoppahypa
Half a Woman

[*] posted on 2005-9-12 at 08:37 PM

wrong tommy hamer...tommy is living in charleston and i've never heard of jay...he never came up north for the jet, that's for sure.
jimmyjams
Just a Hat and Feet

[*] posted on 2005-10-10 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hoppahypa
wrong tommy hamer...tommy is living in charleston and i've never heard of jay...he never came up north for the jet, that's for sure.

Yes, Tommy is living in charleston SC and IS playing againg in a band called The Fire Apes. Jay Volpe (or Julian Volpe) is also playing with him. I dont think Jay ever went up north to help Jody, but I do know Tommy and Jay have been playing in and out of bands together for over 20 years now (they started very young).

Go To Top