Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Chris Collingwood UBER driver
intown2007
Too Cool for School

[*] posted on 2019-6-26 at 04:07 PM
Chris Collingwood UBER driver

interesting interview I suspect all of you have read, but in case you havent, some sad... sad... bullet points. Chris was driving for Uber fairly recently...big surprise, personally my money was he'd be working the late shift at Dennys serving up Moon over my hammies to late night meth addicts.

turns out he has no idea where Adam even lives...a mansion in Los Angeles dum dum....well at least I suspect going by how much I read of Adam being involved with this or that in various music news articles.

Chris also applied for a couple temp agencies just like he'd done before
he hardly ever records music anymore.

he laments how people assume he has money but doesnt.

theres pictures, he looks great, but damn...what the hell man. the guy is so freakin talented and was in one of the most exciting bands that drew consistent crowds and now he appears one step from hopping a box car to lonely town. WTF happened man.

I mean at least he was touring a bit with some show, but for fucks sake man, this cant have been the masterplan for a man in his 50's who had somethin good goin

https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/music/2019/05/23/for-founta...

sherb
Sheriff

[*] posted on 2019-7-7 at 03:35 PM

It's a shame this article didn't come out years ago, it would have given a far greater insight into Chris and the reasons for the band splitting up.

One of the biggest difficulties I had with all of this was not knowing if Fountains of Wayne was still going or not and, if it was "not", the reasons why. This at least gives a bit of an explanation.

The fans were left in the dark for so long, left to largely speculate as to what was happening, I struggled with it all, as this is one of my all-time favourite bands.

Having said all that, the article explains a lot, especially what Chris was dealing with when at his very worst mentally. It must have been scary for the guy.

(It's no secret that Adam did most of the songwriting for Traffic and Weather because of Chris's battles at the time).

I really miss Fountains of Wayne and for many years I pretty much blamed Chris for the breakup. But I'm more mellow about it all now and having read this I understand why he needed to walk away. I mean, you have to do what is best for you.

Hopefully, the time away to do his own thing and the chance to reflect will give him a bit of enthusiasm for more Fountains of Wayne music and/or shows in the not too distant future.

I don`t remember, I don`t recall
I got no memory of anything at all......
intown2007
Too Cool for School

[*] posted on 2019-7-10 at 03:41 PM

its hard for me to have any kind of compassion for him though. he spends alot of time on his twitter page raging about silly political matters as if he lives in 1956 soviet union.

but I have really come to see alot of these liberal type people despite all of their big mouth deep opinions really are not fully in control of their own faculty's and have a range of anger issues and really are difficult people.and of course, it colors things around him, one of them, his main source of income.

FOW was a totally awesome band, and IMO it all came down to one guy, and his inability to get along with people probably less for musical differences than personal politics. he reaped what he sowed. and he took 3 people down with him. what a waste.
sherb
Sheriff

[*] posted on 2019-7-12 at 06:06 AM

Clearly, Chris was dealing with issues in his life, as we all do, and he felt that it was best for himself to withdraw himself from the band.

Ultimately you need to do what is best for yourself. If he is happier as a result of his decision, which on the surface he appears to be, good for him.

He is far from the first musician to leave a band, and he won't be the last. Musos leave bands for all sorts of reasons.

He would not be the first musician to walk back his involvement in the craft either. I know of, for example, a ridiculously talented (and successful) Aussie songwriter/producer who left music altogether.

Any/all of the above could apply to anyone incidentally, regardless of their political persuasion.

I was as upset as anyone at the demise of Fountains of Wayne and was happy to blame Chris for it for a long time. But I've moved on from that as I see no point in being angry and upset. The current situation is just how things are and finger pointing is useless. Negative energy just eats you up.

I'd rather devote my focus now to trying to see a thawing of the situation and hopefully some more new music and also some shows. If the latter occurs, I'll be flying over from Australia for one or more of them for sure.

I don`t remember, I don`t recall
I got no memory of anything at all......
fountainlover
Da Man

Mood: Nostalgic

[*] posted on 2019-9-9 at 08:09 AM

Great to see Chris looking so healthy!

It's funny, I LOVED Sky Full of Holes, but I remember listening to 'A Road Song' for the first time and that Will Ferrell line stood out like a sore thumb. It just felt so forced and corny, I can see why Chris had an issue with it. It sort of hinders what is a really lovely song otherwise.

:happydance: look at this dance, it's incredible :rotfl:

Go To Top