Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Best Jody Guitar Work
sherb
Sheriff

[*] posted on 2015-2-22 at 01:32 AM
Best Jody Guitar Work

I am not a guitar expert. I just like listening to music.

But I thought I would ask the guitar loving people here which Fountains of Wayne songs you reckon JP shines on?

Obviously he had a bit of a blast on Little Red Light, got to play an extended outro on Go, Hippie! and is well known for the tuneful solo on Stacy's Mom (the first Fountains of Wayne I ever heard!) but I guess they are the obvious ones.

Over to you guitarheads. :)

I don`t remember, I don`t recall
I got no memory of anything at all......
Flyscorpio
Bright Future in Sales

Mood: Life Is Beautiful

[*] posted on 2015-2-22 at 09:22 AM

It's probably not his best, but I always liked the "Valley Winter Song" solo. Something about how it sounds just makes me feel very happy. Like the synth solo in Nikki Sudden's "Back to the Start," the solo in "Valley Winter Song" just makes me feel like, "Yes, this is right. This is perfect. I have heard this and now nothing can stop me."

And the "Utopia Parkway" riff/fill/whatever. It's simple and not exactly groundbreaking or anything, but it's my favorite riff/fill/whatever in Fountains of Wayne's catalogue.

Don't go away mad... Just go away.
DjimiPaij
Karpet King

[*] posted on 2015-3-1 at 05:45 PM

I was just watching a live No Better Place and that was a great solo. Also, the live outro solos on Someone To Love are pretty rad.
A mention for Amity Gardens where he plays something restrained when it could've gone all Slash.

Speaking of JoPo, it was hilarious when he was insulting me on FB after I'd questioned his choice in Telecaster :rotfl:

SilentRunning
Too Cool for School

[*] posted on 2015-4-4 at 11:06 AM

I really like the bit from Sink to the Bottom with its anthemic charm and simple licks of guitar with the swooshing phaser effect! Very nicely executed!

Go To Top