Fountains of Wayne
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The Ten Year Anniversary......
sherb
Sheriff

[*] posted on 2013-7-25 at 11:29 PM
The Ten Year Anniversary......

........of Welcome Interstate Managers and Stacy's Mom.

Stacy's Mom, whilst we all probably have "interesting" feelings about it, served a purpose - it got the band commercial recognition and you would hope, as a result, a greater following.

It certainly is the song that got me into the band........(courtesy of their appearance on Leno). So I will never say a bad word about it!

32 Songs You Were All Listening To In 2003

I don`t remember, I don`t recall
I got no memory of anything at all......
SilentRunning
Too Cool for School

[*] posted on 2013-7-28 at 09:20 AM

I think that the album has stood the test of time well and features a pretty killer mix of tunes. I still find this album an interesting listen and think that even Stacy's Mom has its place.

I was hoping that they would celebrate the 10th anniversary with a series of gigs where they play the album in full.

If I were them I would be really proud of this record, it may not be the iconic listen of say Nevermind or the Wall but it is nevertheless an important power pop records.
sherb
Sheriff

[*] posted on 2013-7-28 at 03:01 PM

Welcome Interstate Managers is a truly brilliant record with a diverse mix of awesome tunes.

I don`t remember, I don`t recall
I got no memory of anything at all......
Alex H
California Sex Lawyer

Mood: Sweet

[*] posted on 2013-7-29 at 01:13 PM

I got into Fountains of Wayne the year after Utopia Parkway was released, and a year or 2 later it was one of my favourite albums of all time. So when news of a new album was mooted 3 years later, from a band I thought had split, I was delighted.

30-second clips of Mexican Wine, Bright Future in Sales and Stacy's Mom were made available on fountainsofwayne.com. They sounded BRILLIANT! I couldn't wait for the album, and the UK release date was about 3 or 4 months later than in the US, so I had to wait even longer. When it finally arrived I loved the first 3 tracks, but after that the album seemed like a let down. I felt like they'd but the best songs on the website. It probably took me a year or two to realise how good it is - nothing will ever beat Utopia Parkway or Fountains of Wayne, but Welcome Interstate Managers comes close. And I still love Stacy's Mom all these years later - I was on holiday in Europe somewhere and I knew Stacy's Mom looked like it could do quite well in the charts. I think one of the first things I did when I got home was check its chart position. :rolleyes: Good times... :)

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
supermati
Karpet King

[*] posted on 2013-8-4 at 12:25 PM

Welcome Interstate Managers has that combination of fun and melancholic that no other Fountains of Wayne disc has. It doesn't mean it's my favorite album, but the most diverse for sure; I mean, Halley's Waitress is such an underrated tune.
andy
Bright Future in Sales

[*] posted on 2013-10-19 at 04:54 PM

I actually hated stacy's mom when it was released. Now i dont mind it but Managers is one hell of a masterpiece. Very diverse yet feels like an album. The wife and I spin this one a lot in the car during the summer of 2003 and many many many more times since then.

Go To Top