Fountains of Wayne
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How Many Fountains of Wayne Shows Have You Been To?
sherb
Sheriff

[*] posted on 2012-11-14 at 03:25 PM
How Many Fountains of Wayne Shows Have You Been To?

I'll start with me.

Zero. Nil. Zilch. 0. Naught. None. Nada. Zip.

I don`t remember, I don`t recall
I got no memory of anything at all......
Flyscorpio
Bright Future in Sales

Mood: Life Is Beautiful

[*] posted on 2012-11-14 at 04:04 PM

Aw. :(

Here's hoping you one day get your chance to see Fountains of Wayne in concert.

I have been to two concerts. The first was an acoustic show in Sellersville, Pennsylvania, on July 3, 2009. The second was an electric show in Washington, D.C., on April 19, 2012.

Frankly, they're not the best live band I've seen, but they're my favorite band in general, so that makes it all better.

Don't go away mad... Just go away.
SilentRunning
Too Cool for School

[*] posted on 2012-11-15 at 11:47 AM

I have seen them three times live. The first was at the Manchester Academy in 2007 on the Traffic and Weather Tour. I was expecting them to play more of Welcome Interstate Managers so I wasn't able to sing along as much as I would have liked.

The second time was in London last year (just over a year ago) and it is my favourite of the three shows I have seen them perform. The sound was spot on and they were pretty darn perfect. Jody did some awesome soloing and it looked like good fun for all.

The last time was also last year when they played Manchester Bar Academy as part of the same tour. The highlight of this show was getting to perform with them during Hey Julie. What a night! The set list was different to London so I felt like it was good value but the sound quality was slightly off due to it being a smaller venue.

I have very fond memories of seeing them live. I hope that you get to see 'em soon Sherb.
sherb
Sheriff

[*] posted on 2012-11-17 at 10:34 PM

Just to clarify my opening post, in case people found it ambiguous or not clear enough.

I haven't seen Fountains of Wayne in concert.

:)

I don`t remember, I don`t recall
I got no memory of anything at all......
SilentRunning
Too Cool for School

[*] posted on 2012-11-18 at 01:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by sherb  
Just to clarify my opening post, in case people found it ambiguous or not clear enough.

I haven't seen Fountains of Wayne in concert.

:)

And that is a travesty of epic proportion. The band should rectify that! I was surprised that they did not go out there this time around. Have you thought about asking some promoters to get them out?
MickL
Half a Woman

[*] posted on 2012-11-18 at 02:09 PM

Same as SR for 2011 but we went to Glasgow in 2007.
andy
Bright Future in Sales

[*] posted on 2012-11-19 at 03:28 AM

Ive seen one in 2003 or 2004. they've been lazy enough not to come back to Paris since then
Fogg1969
California Sex Lawyer

Mood: Variable

[*] posted on 2012-12-21 at 10:43 AM

Four times I think.

I saw them play The Islington Academy the night Glenn Tilbrook supported with an acoustic set.

Then, on the next tour, I saw them play the London's Astoria, that was a really strong performance I thought.

Then I went to the two gigs SilentRunning went to last year, Scala nr Kings Cross and Manchester Academy.

I much preferred the Manchester gig. I had a hotel booked and made a night of it, got to the front and caught Chris's pick after Radiation Vibe, and had a chat Adam afterwards. At London I just stood near the back and didn't really get into it so much.

I also saw Jody play with Ari Vais when The Campbell Apartment came to Cambridge. I enjoyed that gig as much as any of them!

Alex H
California Sex Lawyer

Mood: Sweet

[*] posted on 2013-7-14 at 08:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Flyscorpio  

Frankly, they're not the best live band I've seen, but they're my favorite band in general, so that makes it all better.

They've been great every time I've seen them! The first time was in February 2004 I think - with 4 shows in total.

I feel your pain sherb...it's not quite the same but I've never heard them play Troubled Times live. Is there any chance you could tie some sort of holiday to coincide with a Fountains of Wayne gig?

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top