Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for tracks
neilmartin1998
Lost in Space

[*] posted on 2009-2-25 at 10:48 AM
Looking for tracks

The good news is that I am a HUGE Fountains of Wayne fan and I just can’t get enough of there rock-tastic songs. The bad news is I REALLY can’t get enough of their tunes and they can’t release enough material to satisfy my need for the sweet sweet sounds of power pop. I am currently I search of tunes that weren’t released on any of their 5 albums. I have even gone as far as downloading songs that Adam Schlesinger wrote for other projects just to hold me over until they release their next album. I have a good start on songs I need but I could use some help if anybody is willing to throw me a bone. Here’s what I need:

- Help (Beatles cover) this song was featured on “Cheaper by the Dozen”. I not even sure if the song was on the official soundtrack (there might not even be a soundtrack for this movie, I haven’t found one). I checked all the obvious places like iTunes, Amazon, Walmart and a few smaller mp3 sites like mp3panda.com and mp3million.uk and have not had any luck. If anyone has this it would be much appreciated.
- Crank Yankers Theme; this selection is somewhat puzzling. Amazon does not offer the 3 Crank Yankers CD’s as downloads but they do have it available to purchase on the CD format. In the track listing it is listed on Disc 2 it has the Crank Yankers theme listed as track 1 (preformed by Adam Schlesinger, NOT Fountains of Wayne) but when you cruise on over to iTunes all 3 Crank Yankers CD’s do not list the theme as any track. I am not sure if Amazon made a mistake or if it’s only available on the CD version. I really don’t want to purchase the whole CD for a song that I am not even sure is on the CD. If anyone has this track I and could help me out it would be great.
- Bus Stop (Hollies Cover) I have this song but it’s really poor quality, does anyone have a better quality version of it?

Adam Schlesinger Songs

- I’ll Be Near You; this is an Ivy song which is Adam’s other band. The song is not on any of Ivy’s albums but it was released on the soundtrack for the movie “Bee Season”. Amazon or the smaller mp3 sites do not offer this for download but iTunes does, HOWEVER it’s not offered as an iTunes plus purchase. This is bad for me because I rock my tunes with a palm mp3 player and iTunes songs only work with iPods. If anyone has a non-DRM version of this song that would be great.
- You Need Stars; Adam wrote this song for the “Night of Too Many Stars: An Overbooked Concert for Autism Education”. I am not sure who performed it (Ivy, Fountains of Wayne, other) but if anyone has info on this tune that would be great.
- Sad, Sad Boy / Back Together: These 2 songs were written for the movie “That Thing You Do” along with the title track. I obviously have “That Thing You Do” but the 2 others were not on the soundtrack. Anyone have these?
- Cry-Baby Musical – Adam co-wrote the music for this movie musical remake but I couldn’t find anything from it anywhere.

Other

- Fountains of Wayne Hotline; this song was written and recorded by alt country artist Robbie Fulk. The song was inspired by Fountains of Wayne after Fulk heard “Welcome Interstate Managers”. Although this is not a Schlesinger song or a Fountains of Wayne song I would like to have it for my collection. This song is available on iTunes but again it’s not an iTunes Plus song so I would not be able to listen to it on my Palm mp3 device. Does anyone know where I can find a non-DRM version of this tune?

I am ultimately going to take these songs and make a compilation with the other songs that I already have. Anyone that contributes to my collection I will send you my compilation complete with album artwork as a thank you.
sooperfantastic
All Kinds of Time

[*] posted on 2009-2-25 at 02:24 PM

I don't believe anyone has ever found an mp3 of the Help cover. :crying:

I used to have mp3s of the Crank Yankers theme and "Fountains of Wayne Hotline" but I lost them a few months ago when my computer crashed. :dammit:

I think I read something about the Cry-Baby soundtrack being released, but I'm not sure when it'll be available.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. :sulk:
laskey16mrl
Bright Future in Sales

Mood: Untouchable

[*] posted on 2009-2-25 at 02:56 PM

Check your U2Us guys.

Go To Top