Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Wow - not a very good show in Cleveland
Dougjack
Just a Hat and Feet

sad.gif posted on 2007-6-10 at 07:33 AM
Wow - not a very good show in Cleveland

Saw 'em at the House of Blues in Cleveland last night. Frankly, it wasn't very good. First of all, if I had to guess, I'd say Jody and the soundman were both wasted on quaaludes. Jody was clearly wasted on something, and Chris kept mentioning quaaludes, so I'm guessing that's it.

The sound was terrible where we were sitting, except when they played some of the quieter stuff. But for most of the night, the soundman kept missing cues and what you heard usually was some instrument way too loud, because it got left that way from the last solo. Vocals were almost inaudible during all the loud songs.

Chris was singing great (when we could hear him) until the very end, when he went a bit hoarse. Adam and Brian played well, but the soundman had a real problem with the levels of bass drum and bass, and they started the night way too loud, and ended with practically no bass guitar at all.

The seats were maybe half full, and the main floor looked 3/4 empty - no lines at the bars or bathrooms. Nobody standing out in front of the building at all. They only played maybe 45 minutes and then started with the encores bit. So, just a little over an hour of playing. With Jody missing chord after chord and note after note, making faces that said "who gives a f*ck?". I felt sorry for Adam. This feels like a band that's on its way out.

It was kinda sad, really. Thank god we saw 'em back on the Welcome Interstate Managers tour (in Hawaii!), and they were great! I'd hate to think they always sound like they did last night.

Set list (not exactly in order, but close):

I've Got a Flair
Denise
No Better Place
Fire In The Canyon
Hey Julie
Hackensack
It Must Be Summer
Someone To Love
Stacy's Mom
Strapped For Cash
Yolanda Hayes
I-95
Traffic & Weather
Utopia Parkway
Radiation Vibe
Sink To The Bottom
Survival Car
Bright Future In Sales

Still love 'em.....
jman077
Just a Hat and Feet

[*] posted on 2007-6-10 at 01:46 PM

I don't understand why they don't play more. They have tons of material to choose from, they should play some of it.

Hopefully the Detroit show is awesome for me.

We go together like traffic and weather....
Dreske
All Kinds of Time

[*] posted on 2007-6-10 at 02:28 PM

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? The show was great! They guys were in an awesome mood! Even Chris seemed happy to be there. Lots of talking on stage. Jody all smiles too. I guess I didn't hear the sound problems because I was standing right in front of the stage. They played for an hour and 15 minutes. We clocked it. Also, the show was sold out.
Oh yeah, and Jody is always wasted, where have you been?

Still my guitar gently weeps
fountainlover
Da Man

Mood: Nostalgic

[*] posted on 2007-6-10 at 03:03 PM

I'd be complaning if Jody wasn't wasted

:happydance: look at this dance, it's incredible :rotfl:

puppylover10170
Bright Future in Sales

Mood: excited!

[*] posted on 2007-6-10 at 04:03 PM

the show was great. best concert ive been to. i got to stand right in the front on the side with adam. for the show being sold out it didnt look that crowded. but the sound was good were i was standing. took a few pictures people might like.

i had to take that picture...

this is a hott picture of chris.. and chris is mine and will always be mine.

then before the show i spotted adam and chris at a table around the block talking with a few other people... so i took a picture from the corner.

its the most stalkerish picture i could take.

i wasnt sure if i should bother them but my boyfriend walks right up to them for an autograph so i followed him there. i basically made a fool of myself since i had such a star struck look on my face and could barely breath. unfortunately i didnt say a word to them.

but the concert was great alot of fun. afterwards walking to my car i saw jody stumbling out the back hanging off a girl and they both were laughing hysterically... it was funny to watch.

well ive said to much...

pL
Another Girl
President of the Unofficial Official Adam Schlesinger Fan Club entitled Sadie\'s Dad has got it goin\' on!

[*] posted on 2007-6-10 at 05:04 PM

I would really love to jump in on this conversation. However, I am phoning this post in from a couch in Wisconsin. Yup, that's how lame I am.
I should probably be asleep because I haven't slept more than four hours in the past three days, but clearly fountainsofwayne.us/xmb is far more important.

Thank you to my brother for typing this in for me. You rock, but not as much at the show in Cleveland last night.
That's what I'm talkin' about, sucahzz!!! :zzz:... I mean :rock: :cheers: :kitty: :jack: :driving:

You have no idea how funny it was trying to explain which smilies I wanted my brother to use... I certainly won't make him post the rest of my ramblings.

:zzz:

There\'s something blurry about Another Girl...

\"So he grabs his cat.. Throws a dog at a map and now he\'s living in Bowling Green.\"
sherb
Sheriff

[*] posted on 2007-6-10 at 06:57 PM

Thanks everyone for the reports, and the setlist, and the goss and the emotions.....and thanks pL for the pix (especially the stalkerish one :bigsmile: ).

Makes me almost feel like I was there. Almost.......:)

I don`t remember, I don`t recall
I got no memory of anything at all......
sherb
Sheriff

[*] posted on 2007-6-10 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Another Girl
I would really love to jump in on this conversation. However, I am phoning this post in from a couch in Wisconsin. Yup, that's how lame I am.
:zzz:

That is just so impressive AG. :clap:

I am glad you enjoyed the show btw. :)

Dreske
All Kinds of Time

[*] posted on 2007-6-10 at 07:35 PM

Hey PL, were you close to that girl who was wearing a home made Traffic and Weather shirt? Nice pics. Mine turned out like poo.

puppylover10170
Bright Future in Sales

Mood: excited!

[*] posted on 2007-6-10 at 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreske
Hey PL, were you close to that girl who was wearing a home made Traffic and Weather shirt? Nice pics. Mine turned out like poo.

i was a few people to the right of her... you were a few people to the left of her... not that i noticed... :shiftyeyes:

that shirt was cool though... at least i thought...
Dreske
All Kinds of Time

[*] posted on 2007-6-10 at 08:23 PM

You should have came over to talk to AG and I. We have no clue what you look like. I thought you would be there though.

cconnelly
Just a Hat and Feet

[*] posted on 2007-6-11 at 04:59 AM

This is my first post (and my first Fountains of Wayne concert!) so please bear with me if I mess something up. I was right in front of the stage too, and I thought that it was a great show. I actually stood right next to Another Girl, so it was great to meet someone from this board. I got to meet the band briefly beforehand, and they couldn't have been nicer. I hope that they come back to Ohio soon - it has been a 6 year wait for me.
sherb
Sheriff

[*] posted on 2007-6-11 at 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cconnelly
This is my first post (and my first Fountains of Wayne concert!) so please bear with me if I mess something up. I was right in front of the stage too, and I thought that it was a great show. I actually stood right next to Another Girl, so it was great to meet someone from this board. I got to meet the band briefly beforehand, and they couldn't have been nicer. I hope that they come back to Ohio soon - it has been a 6 year wait for me.

Welcome aboard the good ship Fountains of Wayne.us. :)

cconnelly
Just a Hat and Feet

[*] posted on 2007-6-11 at 05:25 AM

Thanks! I always read this board, but this is the first time that I have posted. I also have some great pictures from the Cleveland show that I hope to post later.
intown2007
Too Cool for School

[*] posted on 2007-6-11 at 01:59 PM

my view is, if they arent eating food its open season for autographs.
reconmarine
Lost in Space

Mood: Peachy

[*] posted on 2007-6-11 at 02:00 PM

we were not eating, just having a drink....always OK to ask the guys for an autograph.
Dreske
All Kinds of Time

[*] posted on 2007-6-11 at 04:33 PM

I remember you CConnelly. Your girl has the same name as mine. I have a great pic of you and AG. You and Jody cracked me up. He seemed to relate to you. Didn't he say he loved you. hahahaha....awesome

sherb
Sheriff

[*] posted on 2007-6-11 at 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fountainlover
I'd be complaning if Jody wasn't wasted

:bigsmile::bigsmile:

sherb
Sheriff

[*] posted on 2007-6-11 at 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cconnelly
Thanks! I always read this board, but this is the first time that I have posted. I also have some great pictures from the Cleveland show that I hope to post later.

Great, look forward to seeing them!

cconnelly
Just a Hat and Feet

[*] posted on 2007-6-12 at 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreske
I remember you CConnelly. Your girl has the same name as mine. I have a great pic of you and AG. You and Jody cracked me up. He seemed to relate to you. Didn't he say he loved you. hahahaha....awesome

I remember you too, Dreske. Jody did say something to me at one point, but I couldn't tell what it was. I just thought that it was cool to have him talking to me. All in all, I had a great time. As a long time fan, it was great to meet the band and stand front row - a totally different concert experience. Plus, they broke out Utopia Parkway, a song that goes great with a frosty O'Doul's!
hey_julie
California Sex Lawyer

[*] posted on 2007-6-12 at 05:11 PM

Here's a clip of Cleveland's Bright Future in Sales encore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1l1EW8KJEg

And part of Stacy's Mom from Toronto....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76nZowcyQ7g

God, what did I do before You Tube?

Love the pics, can't wait to see more....
Another Girl
President of the Unofficial Official Adam Schlesinger Fan Club entitled Sadie\'s Dad has got it goin\' on!

[*] posted on 2007-6-13 at 01:29 PM

Mmmm... Adam and Jody kissing on stage? Heaven... :rolleyes:

\"So he grabs his cat.. Throws a dog at a map and now he\'s living in Bowling Green.\"
Dreske
All Kinds of Time

[*] posted on 2007-6-13 at 06:04 PM

Is that what they were doing? I thought Jody was choking Adam. I guess same thing?

Another Girl

[*] posted on 2007-6-14 at 03:07 PM

Yes some choking.. some kissing.. some slapping... 'tis all good to watch. Mmmmhmmm... I hope to see more of it in Oshkosh tonight. :shrug:

Random Guy
California Sex Lawyer

Mood: Hey Buddy

[*] posted on 2007-6-14 at 10:25 PM

Loved the show, but the sound was way off, it actually sounded bad at first. Almost as if the sound guy was blind and turning knobs at random. But I place the blame on the venue. The worst I've been in. Nobody was in line by the bar cuz it sounded so bad back there they puked and got kicked out. The decor was horrendous too. I got to hang with dreske and a few of her friends for a bit which was quite the adventure. but sorry Ohio you suck, I couldn't smoke anywhere but the freeway. And the drinks... 15.50 for 2 drinks amaretto for 8.50 O.O I'm too used to Wisconsin prices 20 bucks and your floored. Not that I get drunk of anything. Its late and work is sending me to maryland again so I may not be arround... again.

Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top