Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: new tour dates
tallman
Lost in Space

[*] posted on 2007-4-11 at 11:26 AM

Hi
Anybody from South Wales going to the Manchester UK show want a lift? or can share the driving?
I can't get to the other UK shows....
Last time I flew to Dublin for the weekend which was fantastic!
tallman

PleaseWithC
Minister of Putting things on Top of Other Things

Mood: Wiiing it Up

[*] posted on 2007-4-11 at 09:21 PM

I thought you said Lake Gamera. Now THAT would be a dream come true.
Another Girl
President of the Unofficial Official Adam Schlesinger Fan Club entitled Sadie\'s Dad has got it goin\' on!

[*] posted on 2007-4-12 at 12:46 AM

Well.....

Taken from good ol' Wikipedia....
Lake Geneva, WI-
The hobby game company TSR was founded here and held its gaming convention Gencon (named for the city) here, giving Lake Geneva the sobriquet "The Mecca of Roleplaying Games".

There\'s something blurry about Another Girl...

\"So he grabs his cat.. Throws a dog at a map and now he\'s living in Bowling Green.\"
Castleman
Half a Woman

[*] posted on 2007-4-14 at 12:54 AM

I'm STILL NOT SEEING SEATTLE!!!! Get with it guys, you've absolutely torched the Crocodile every time you've played here, and the VH1 show at the Sky Church was brilliant, so get yo butts back up here ASAP!!! and please bring an opening band as good as the first one you sprung on me, I mean, OK-Go's done pretty good themselves...
fountainlover
Da Man

Mood: Nostalgic

[*] posted on 2007-4-14 at 06:41 AM

Wait you say Ok Go AND Foutains Of Wayne :o

I'm suprised you didn't overdose from brillance!

:happydance: look at this dance, it's incredible :rotfl:

Fogg1969
California Sex Lawyer

Mood: Variable

[*] posted on 2007-4-14 at 09:21 AM

I've bought tickets for the London show. Am really looking forward to it. Getting there is going to be *really* difficult, but where there's a will...
Castleman
Half a Woman

[*] posted on 2007-4-14 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fountainlover

Yup, it was the winter tour before Welcome Interstate Managers came out. I'd never heard of OK-Go, and when they came out with poor Damien in a cast with his newly broken leg from THAT morning, I thought they were going to be in for a rough night. HA! Even sitting down, they rocked the house and I was an instant fan! Then Fountains of Wayne hit the stage opening with Bright Future In Sales. It just got better from there:rock:
fountainlover
Da Man

Mood: Nostalgic

[*] posted on 2007-4-14 at 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Castleman
Quote:
Originally posted by fountainlover

Yup, it was the winter tour before Welcome Interstate Managers came out. I'd never heard of OK-Go, and when they came out with poor Damien in a cast with his newly broken leg from THAT morning, I thought they were going to be in for a rough night. HA! Even sitting down, they rocked the house and I was an instant fan! Then Fountains of Wayne hit the stage opening with Bright Future In Sales. It just got better from there:rock:

I envy you so much!;)

The only thing missing was Damien throwing his cast into the crowd.

:happydance: look at this dance, it's incredible :rotfl:

Another Girl
President of the Unofficial Official Adam Schlesinger Fan Club entitled Sadie\'s Dad has got it goin\' on!

[*] posted on 2007-4-15 at 11:26 PM

Now that you mention it.. I think I saw Fountains of Wayne and OK Go too... November of '02? :shrug: I don't know...
It was cold and I left on train to Utah about a week later...
Wait a minute.. that wasn't OK Go... that was Motion City Soundtrack... one of the guys from the band talked to me for a bit.. When the heck did I see them with OK Go??
Hmmmm.... Did I?

\"So he grabs his cat.. Throws a dog at a map and now he\'s living in Bowling Green.\"
sooperfantastic
All Kinds of Time

[*] posted on 2007-4-16 at 07:31 PM

Hmmm...OK Go. I don't know if I like them or not.

Another Girl

[*] posted on 2007-4-17 at 10:08 AM

Well, I can't remember if I have seen them in concert or not.. so... you know... :shrug: That's gotta say something.
Can anyone help me out and tell me if they played a show with Fountains of Wayne in the IL/WI area? I swear they did.... but... when? Where?
I know I have seen them with some awful band called The Lovelies, and Sloan, Imperial Teen... I don't know... it gets blurry... and it doesn't help that Adam is in Ivy too.. 'cause I can't remember if Benn Lee was with Fountains of Wayne (I think so) or on the Ivy tour... and... AGHH!! My brain!! I can't even remember how many times I have seen either band.. and they get mixed up in my head.. and oh man.. there was the tour with Brian drumming for Ivy.....
I've got a headache.

Androo
Just a Hat and Feet

[*] posted on 2007-4-17 at 04:14 PM

Howdy all, first post.

Quote:

Please welcome our newest member Androo.

Lets do that :dreamy:

I'll be in Glasgow, first time seeing Fountains of Wayne, shall be grand.

Any word/rumours on support? And what kind of set can we expect ?

Androo :cheers:

EDIT: Should also have stated, I'm flying solo at the show since my friends suck. It'll be the first show I've ever attended on my lonesome!

EDIT 2: I've seen OK GO when they played with The Matches late last year, you can't beat a band who has a dance routine. Srsly.
sooperfantastic
All Kinds of Time

[*] posted on 2007-4-17 at 07:31 PM

Welcome and stuff! :rock:
I'm thinking about listening to OK Go because they have that one song that I can't get out of my head....although they seem kind of lame to me. That's because my idea of cool is Adam Schlesinger. Oh yeah.

Castleman
Half a Woman

[*] posted on 2007-4-17 at 10:46 PM

Let me put it this way, fi you haven't seen OK-Go, you SHOULD. Their tunes take a little more from the Kinks than Fountains of Wayne's obvious Beatle influences, but it's all just more delicious pop! They put on a hell of a show, and quite frankly, they are the nicest bunch of guys I've ever met in this business. Chatty, friendly, and this was while Here It Goes Again was soaring up the charts and ruling MTV. Zero egos, and they're never gonna forget that they used to be nobodies.
This is not to say that our heroes are unfriendly, far from it! Adam is very nice, Jody is quite pleasant if you give him time to cool off after a gig, Brian's been nice enough to offer drum advice, and while a bit quiet, Chris is also good to the fans. I think that if he was to thrust himself into the limelight a little more they'd be bigger, but I don't think he's real comfortable with being a "rock star" type.
Now for shows, I'd love to see my dream pop concert:
Fountains Of Wayne
Teenage Fanclub
OK-Go
Velvet Crush
Matthew Sweet
I'd easily drop a hundred bucks on that concert!!!
Another Girl

[*] posted on 2007-4-18 at 11:41 AM

sooper- You shouldn't have set the COOL bar so high. Now NO ONE will EVER seem cool... except Adam.. :cool: I guess that's not so bad... You should make a fool of yourself and wear one of my fan club t-shirts to a show. Haha. Or not. You have to be pretty lame to do that... :rolleyes:

Welcome to the boards, new person whose username I have forgotten... Ummm.. Aroooba? Sorry.. I have a terrible memory. :shrug: Oh! Got it! Androo!!!

FoW's a bunch of jerks when you meet them.. The kind of jerks who put up with you being severely annoying.. and offer you food and drink... no lodging, but... You know.. you can't expect it all. They've always been nice to me.. and that says a lot 'cause I am a pain in the a$$... :banoonoo:
Not really, but... anyway.... I did bust into their trailer once and start eating all their food.... :shrug: Hey, it was hot outside and it had a/c...

Androo
Just a Hat and Feet

[*] posted on 2007-4-18 at 12:22 PM

I've hung out with may bands in my day, and was hoping to stay up after the show and try and chat to the guys, but sadly in Glasgow last train home for me is 11:30pm (12:15 on weeknights), and most shows finish around 11pm :(

I'll be up during the day though having a few beers and I'll see if I can spot anyone ;)
Dreske
All Kinds of Time

[*] posted on 2007-4-18 at 03:30 PM

Wait did someone say Matthew Sweet? I think I <3 you!

Still my guitar gently weeps
Another Girl

[*] posted on 2007-4-18 at 03:48 PM

Matthew Sweet always reminds me of my high school psychology teacher........

Anyway.....

patrick72seb
Karpet King

[*] posted on 2007-4-19 at 01:53 PM

Is Holland in the picture already? Can't wait to see them again :rock:
**KiWi**
Just a Hat and Feet

[*] posted on 2007-4-28 at 09:53 AM

I can't believe that I'm still the only one on this forum going 2 the dublin show... (I can't waaaait!!!!)

Oh well, would be great having the guys just playing for me...!! ;P :clap:

Dubliners..... are u all hiding??? No one wants 2 join me for a pint and a good concert?????????:huh:

AdReNaLiNe DriVEn...
Androo
Just a Hat and Feet

[*] posted on 2007-4-28 at 06:07 PM

Forgot to say that i finally bought my ticket a few days ago, I'm really pumped for the show. I'm hoping for a ferw changes in the set list from the other recent shows, but overall, it's looking good :pimp:
SethShapiro
Just a Hat and Feet

[*] posted on 2007-5-7 at 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Castleman
I'm STILL NOT SEEING SEATTLE!!!! Get with it guys, you've absolutely torched the Crocodile every time you've played here, and the VH1 show at the Sky Church was brilliant, so get yo butts back up here ASAP!!! and please bring an opening band as good as the first one you sprung on me, I mean, OK-Go's done pretty good themselves...

I'm getting pissed off. The east coast/midwest gets about 15 shows in two months, and we have to drive 1000 miles to one show in SF. Or I can drive to Denver, which is 2 1/2 days. Apologies ahead of time because I know we all have the same natural love for a band, but anyone complaining about Fountains of Wayne not coming to their town and being within a 1,000 mile radius can go to hell. The current schedule is an abomination. My wife and I planned on seeing them in Vancouver, Seattle, Spokane, AND Portland, not just one time.

And yes I realize at least I am on the same continent as a concert, so I am truly happy that they are going to the UK, Japan, etc.

At this point, the best hope I have of seeing them in Seattle, Portland or Vancouver is going to Japan.
Another Girl

[*] posted on 2007-5-8 at 09:48 AM

Maybe they will play out there in early-ish August... so I can see them there too! That's what I'm hoping for....

I think you should just be happy that they EVER play there.. They have played in Utah ONCE! Period.
And, it was a Sundance show...so... ya know... No one could really even get in.

Talk about having to travel to see them.. Ugh...
And what about places like Montana?? Heh.

funkymunky
California Sex Lawyer

Mood: got a license to lurve

[*] posted on 2007-5-8 at 02:39 PM

is anyone from Birmingham aiming for the London // Manchester shows?

I'm trying to balance logic about getting myself to London/staying the night in London against the fact that they obviously won't come back for another three years....

actually if anyone is please tell me!? x<3

:D
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Fogg1969
California Sex Lawyer

Mood: Variable

[*] posted on 2007-5-18 at 04:48 AM

Is there not a train back at that time of night?

I'll be taking the train up from Peterborough. As things have panned out I'll be on my own, so I've probably got a ticket going spare if you need it.

email: Fountains of Waynelondon.10.fogg@spamgourmet.com

No need to edit that email addres, it'll work.
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top